The Google Summer of Code (GSoC), is an international annual program, first held from May to August 2005, in which Google awards stipends, which depends on the purchasing power parity of the country the student’s university belongs to, to all students who successfully complete a requested free and open-source software coding project during the summer. The program is open to university students aged 18 or over. (source Wikipedia).
Once again, Google has selected JdeRobot to continue growing as a robotics project by reaching out to collaborators around the world. An exciting adventure. You can see the current projects here:
Previous GSoC projects
JdeRobot has been represented on 5 times where students from many parts of the world have collaborated in software development. Take a look at the previous projects and get to know the students involved.
Previous GSoC students
- Nikhil Khedekar (GSoC-2019) Migration to ROS of drones exercises on JdeRobot Academy.
- Shyngyskhan Abilkassov (GSoC-2019) Amazon warehouse exercise on JdeRobot Academy
- Jeevan Kumar (GSoC-2019) Improving DetectionSuite Deep Learning tool.
- Baidyanath Kundu (GSoC-2019) A parameterized automata Library for VisualStates tool.
- Srinivasan Vijayraghavan (GSoC-2019) Running Python code on the web browser.
- Pankhuri Vanjani (GSoC-2019) Migration of JdeRobot tools to ROS 2.
- Pushkal Katara (GSoC-2018) VisualStates tool.
- Arsalan Akhter (GSoC-2018) Robotics-Academy.
- Hanqing Xie (GSoC-2018) Robotics-Academy.
- Sergio Paniego (GSoC-2018) PyOnArduino tool.
- Jianxiong Cai (GSoC-2018) Creating realistic 3D map from online SLAM result.
- Vinay Sharma (GSoC-2018) DeepLearning, DetectionSuite tool.
- Nigel Fernandez (GSoC-2017).
- Okan Asik (GSoC-2017), VisualStates tool.
- S.Mehdi Mohaimanian (GSoC-2017).
- Raúl Pérula (GSoC-2017), Scratch2JdeRobot tool.
- Lihang Li: (GSoC-2015), Visual SLAM, RGBD, 3D Reconstruction.
- Andrei Militaru (GSoC-2015), interoperation of ROS and JdeRobot.
- Satyaki Chakraborty (GSoC-2015), Interconnection with Android Wear.