Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
The Google Summer of Code (GSoC), is an international annual program, first held from May to August 2005, in which Google awards stipends, which depends on the purchasing power parity of the country the student’s university belongs to, to all students who successfully complete a requested free and open-source software coding project during the summer. The program is open to university students aged 18 or over. (source Wikipedia).
JdeRobot has been selected as mentoring organization for GSoC-2023. You can see the proposed projects here:
Previous GSoC projects
JdeRobot has been selected 8 times and 36 contributors from many parts of the world have collaborated in the open software development of our community from GSoC. Take a look at the previous projects and get to know the contributors involved.
Previous GSoC contributors
- Apoorv Garg (GSoC-2022) Improvement of Web Templates of Robotics Academy exercises
- Toshan Luktuke (GSoC-2022) Improvement of VisualCircuit web service
- Nikhil Paliwal(GSoC-2022) Optimization of Deep Learning models for autonomous driving
- Akshay Narisetti(GSoC-2022) Robotics Academy: improvement of autonomous driving exercises
- Prakarsh Kaushik(GSoC-2022) Robotics Academy: consolidation of drone based exercises
- Bhavesh Misra (GSoC-2022) Robotics Academy: improve Deep Learning based Human Detection exercise
- Suhas Gopal (GSoC-2021) Shifting VisualCircuit to a web server
- Utkarsh Mishra (GSoC-2021) Autonomous Driving drone with Gazebo using Deep Learning techniques
- Siddharth Saha (GSoC-2021) Robotics Academy: multirobot version of the Amazon warehouse exercise in ROS2
- Shashwat Dalakoti (GSoC-2021) Robotics-Academy: exercise using Deep Learning for Visual Detection
- Arkajyoti Basak (GSoC-2021) Robotics Academy: new drone based exercises
- Chandan Kumar (GSoC-2021) Robotics Academy: Migrating industrial robot manipulation exercises to web server
- Muhammad Taha (GSoC-2020) VisualCircuit tool, digital electronics language for robot behaviors.
- Sakshay Mahna (GSoC-2020) Robotics-Academy exercises on Evolutionary Robotics.
- Shreyas Gokhale (GSoC-2020) Multi-Robot exercises for Robotics Academy In ROS2.
- Yijia Wu (GSoC-2020) Vision-based Industrial Robot Manipulation with MoveIt.
- Diego Charrez (GSoC-2020) Reinforcement Learning for Autonomous Driving with Gazebo and OpenAI gym.
- Nikhil Khedekar (GSoC-2019) Migration to ROS of drones exercises on JdeRobot Academy.
- Shyngyskhan Abilkassov (GSoC-2019) Amazon warehouse exercise on JdeRobot Academy
- Jeevan Kumar (GSoC-2019) Improving DetectionSuite Deep Learning tool.
- Baidyanath Kundu (GSoC-2019) A parameterized automata Library for VisualStates tool.
- Srinivasan Vijayraghavan (GSoC-2019) Running Python code on the web browser.
- Pankhuri Vanjani (GSoC-2019) Migration of JdeRobot tools to ROS 2.
- Pushkal Katara (GSoC-2018) VisualStates tool.
- Arsalan Akhter (GSoC-2018) Robotics-Academy.
- Hanqing Xie (GSoC-2018) Robotics-Academy.
- Sergio Paniego (GSoC-2018) PyOnArduino tool.
- Jianxiong Cai (GSoC-2018) Creating realistic 3D map from online SLAM result.
- Vinay Sharma (GSoC-2018) DeepLearning, DetectionSuite tool.
- Nigel Fernandez (GSoC-2017).
- Okan Asik (GSoC-2017), VisualStates tool.
- S.Mehdi Mohaimanian (GSoC-2017).
- Raúl Pérula (GSoC-2017), Scratch2JdeRobot tool.
- Lihang Li: (GSoC-2015), Visual SLAM, RGBD, 3D Reconstruction.
- Andrei Militaru (GSoC-2015), interoperation of ROS and JdeRobot.
- Satyaki Chakraborty (GSoC-2015), Interconnection with Android Wear.