Several development areas: robot programming tools, DeepLearning, FPGAs, Education, drones, SLAM algorithms. Open for collaboration.
Some of the activities of the organization where students from different areas come together to put together a common project.
Robotics applications are typically distributed, made up of a collection of concurrent asynchronous components which communicate using some middleware (ROS messages, ICE, DDS…). Building robotics applications is a complex task. Integrating existing nodes or libraries, which provide already solved functionality, and using several tools may increase the software robustness and shorten the development time. JdeRobot toolkit provides several tools, libraries and reusable nodes for Robotics and Computer Vision.
|ROS friendly (full compatible with ROS-Kinetic)|
|Easy installation from debian, PIP and npm packages|
Our (international) community mainly works on three fields inside Robotics and Computer Vision:
|Robotics Education and Games||Robotics-Academy for engineering students|
|Kibotics online platform for children learning robotics|
|MachineLearning in Robotics||DetectionStudio tool for evaluation of visual detection networks|
|BehaviorStudio tool for evaluation of control networks|
|ObjectDetector see deep learning networks in action|
|Reconfigurable Computing in Robotics||neuralFPGA running deeplearning networks on FPGAs|
|FPGA-robotics designing robot intelligence with IceStudio blocks|
|VisualCircuit visual robot programming using connected blocks and wires|
We are registered as non-profit organization in Spain Ref.#615800.
- (2021/02/15) JdeRobot-base and JdeRobot-assets are now deprecated. Our toolkit is now fully ROS-based!.
- (2021/02/01) RoboticsAcademy 2.3.2 released. It includes four web based exercises, solve them from your browser :-)
- (2020/12/22) VisualCircuit tool has born, it is ready to use. Program your robot application using blocks and wires, as in electronic circuits.
- (2020/05/04) Accepted students for JdeRobot GSoC-2020 have been announced, take a look at the selected students/projects.
We are working on:
- Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 20.04, ROS Noetic, Gazebo11 simulator, Python 3.5.
- Use of reconfigurable hardware (FPGAs) in robotics, with third party open tools like IceStudio
- VisualStates tool for visual programming of the robot intelligence with Finite State Machines. It creates a C++ or a Python component from the visual description of the automata.
- RoboticsAcademy: a framework to learn Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision in a practical way. It is a collection of Python exercises. Our goal is to provide its functionality as a web service and create new exercises.
All our web pages are finally being migrated to GitHub Pages: nice, under version control and convenient
Compatibility with ROS robotics middleware: interoperation between ROS nodes and JdeRobot components, use of ROS drivers, use of ROS bag files… JdeRobot (>= 5.6) is fully compatible with ROS Kinetic including its official debian packages
Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 16.04, OpenCV-3, migration to Gazebo-7 simulator (revisit existing plugins and models), PCL-1.8, ICE-3.6
Use of Web technologies in robotics: ICE-JS, WebRTC, HTML5, electron, nodeJS…Many webtools have been developed: viewers, teleoperators and drivers.
- JdeRobot is open source. All its code is licensed under GPL v3.
- All the documentation of JdeRobot project is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa