Several development areas: robot programming tools, DeepLearning, FPGAs, Education, drones, SLAM algorithms. Open for collaboration.
Some of the activities of the organization where students from different areas come together to put together a common project.
Robotics applications are typically distributed, made up of a collection of concurrent asynchronous components which communicate using some middleware (ROS messages, ICE, DDS…). Building robotics applications is a complex task. Integrating existing nodes or libraries, which provide already solved functionality, and using several tools may increase the software robustness and shorten the development time. JdeRobot toolkit provides several tools, libraries and reusable nodes for Robotics and Computer Vision.
|ROS friendly (full compatible with ROS-Kinetic)|
|Easy installation from debian, PIP and npm packages|
Our (international) community mainly works on six fields inside Robotics and Computer Vision:
|Robotics education and games||Robotics-Academy for engineering students|
|Kibotics online platform for children learning robotics|
|DeepLearning in robotics||DetectionStudio tool for evaluation of visual detection networks|
|ObjectDetector see deep learning networks in action|
|FPGAs in robotics||neuralFPGA running deeplearning networks on FPGAs|
|FPGA-robotics designing robot intelligence with IceStudio blocks|
|Drones||Drones infrastructure and applications|
|Robot Programming Tools||VisualStates tool for robot programming with automata|
|WebSim2D robot simulator with web technologies|
|SLAM, visual localization||SDslam visual SLAM algorithm|
|slam-testbed tool for evaluation of SLAM algorithms
We are registered as non-profit organization in Spain Ref.#615800.
- JdeRobot has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2020, several students will be funded by Google to work in open projects of our organizaton. Check the proposed ideas list and our candidate selection process.
- The last stable release, JdeRobot-5.7.0, has been released as debian package (2020/02/14): full compatible with ROS Melodic.
We are working on:
- Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 18.04, ROS Melodic Morenia, Gazebo9 simulator, Python 3.5.
- Use of reconfigurable hardware (FPGAs) in robotics, with third party open tools like IceStudio
- VisualStates tool for visual programming of the robot intelligence with Finite State Machines. It creates a C++ or a Python component from the visual description of the automata.
- RoboticsAcademy: a framework to learn robotics and computer vision with drones, autonomous cars…. It is a collection of Python programmed exercises. Include a web service for this.
All our web pages are finally being migrated to GitHub Pages: nice, under version control and convenient
Compatibility with ROS robotics middleware: interoperation between ROS nodes and JdeRobot components, use of ROS drivers, use of ROS bag files… JdeRobot (>= 5.6) is fully compatible with ROS Kinetic including its official debian packages
Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 16.04, OpenCV-3, migration to Gazebo-7 simulator (revisit existing plugins and models), PCL-1.8, ICE-3.6
Use of Web technologies in robotics: ICE-JS, WebRTC, HTML5, electron, nodeJS…Many webtools have been developed: viewers, teleoperators and drivers.
- JdeRobot is open source. All its code is licensed under GPL v3.
- All the documentation of JdeRobot project is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa